Makes approximately 2 mason jars.
3 lbs chinese cabbage and cabbage
5 TBSP salt
1 lb carrots julienned or sliced thin
1lb daikon julienned or sliced thin
1 bunch green onions sliced into 1inch pieces
1 head of garlic, crushed
3 inch piece of ginger, grated
1 head of garlic, grated
1. Chop vegetables.
2. Mix in 3 tbsp course salt per 5 lbs veg.
3. Pack veggies in the jars.
4. The next day, pack it a little more. Add a little water if the veg is not submerged.
5. Ferment 5 days at room temperature. Skim off any white foam on surface. Make sure veggies remain submerged.
6. Taste it after 5 days.. if you like the taste, store it in the fridge. If not to your taste yet, ferment a day or two longer.