Farm Executive Assistant Job Offer
WANTED: Creative and outgoing farm ambassador to carry our farm’s mission into the local community!
Are you wild about local organic food and farming? Do you love solving the endless puzzles of running a dynamic small business?
Well this just might be the job of a life-time!! Here’s why.
We’re a fast-growing local organic vegetable, mushroom, and cut-flower farm right here in the Ottawa Greenbelt and we’re looking for ambitious, like-minded, farmer superstars to add to our farm team. We are literally 12 minutes from downtown Ottawa.
Our mission is simple: To enrich people’s lives by grounding our community in human wholeness through direct connection with organic food and nature.
Our vision is to offer a wide range of wellness activities, workshops, and services… all this in addition to growing the most delicious veggies you’ve ever tasted!
Our strategy for getting there is to build an awe inspiring team of amazing people fully capable of running the farm without Jonathan’s daily involvement.
If you’ve ever dreamed about what it would be like to be a part of a movement that will change the way our community eats and feels, one delicious organic bite at a time, then reach out now.
Warning: We are an uber committed company. If you’re just looking for any old job or don’t relish hard work, this isn’t right for you.
As Farm Executive Assistant, you will take charge of the following aspects of the farm:
- Supporting Jonathan to stay on top of the diversity of administrative tasks that exist on a farm.
- Paying the bills, making sure we get paid.
- Keeping the website up to date.
- Managing the farm email inbox.
- Finding and applying for grants.
- Research, writing, and just generally executing a wide range of farm management and admin projects.
- Data entry and compilation.
- Submitting government reports.
- Organisation and attention to detail.
- Dynamism and the ability to work a startup environment (ie.. building the airplane as we fly it…) You need to be comfortable with change and a certain degree of organized chaos.
- Positive, HIGH VIBE energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor!
- Clear and concise communication style.
- Equanimity and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly evolving, dynamic work environment.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and continuously improve work methods.
And... Here are a few of the crunchy details
- April to October: 10-15 hrs per week.
- December-April: 5-10 hrs per week.
- 18-20$/hr starting wage (depending on skills and experience).
- Depending on interest and ability, this position can be combined with a part time “Social Media and Events Coordinator” or “Farm Management Assistant” position to create full time employment.
- Possibility of on farm housing (camper)
- A weekly basket of farm-fresh vegetables!
- This is a fully bilingual work environment (French & English) though the ability to speak french is not a requisite.
If you want to be a part of an efficient, fast-paced environment that will bring out your best, you may be exactly who we’re looking for. To start the application process, send us a CV and a cover letter letting us know why you’re the perfect person for this position!We’ll be reaching out to interesting candidates with the next steps to get to know each other including a zoom interview, a Myers-Briggs style personality test, and an on-farm working interview.