This pumpkin chipotle hummus from Up Beet Kitchen is incredibly simple to whip up. Use pie pumpkin or butternut squash in this flavourful dip that’s the perfect fall snack or appetizer. Serve with seed crackers, tortilla chips, and raw Ottawa Farm Fresh veggies like carrots, celery, radishes, peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
Pumpkin Chipotle Hummus
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ¾ cup cooked pumpkin or butternut squash
- ¼ cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, adding up to ¼ cup of water if needed to thin. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired. Serve and enjoy!