Social Media and Events Coordinator Job Offer
WANTED: Creative and outgoing farm ambassador to carry our farm’s mission into the local community!
Are you wild about local organic food and farming? Are you blown away by the beauty of life and long to put it into words? Do you love working with people? Do you love meeting new people and bringing them together to have fun?
Well this just might be the job of a life-time!! Here’s why.
We’re a fast-growing local organic vegetable, mushroom, and cut-flower farm right here in the Ottawa Greenbelt and we’re looking for ambitious, like-minded, farmer superstars to add to our farm team. We are literally 12 minutes from downtown Ottawa.
Our mission is simple: To enrich people’s lives by grounding our community in human wholeness through direct connection with organic food and nature.
Our vision is to offer a wide range of wellness activities, workshops, and services… all this in addition to growing the most delicious veggies you’ve ever tasted!
Our strategy for getting there is to build an awe inspiring team of amazing people fully capable of running the farm without Jonathan’s daily involvement.
If you’ve ever dreamed about what it would be like to be a part of a movement that will change the way our community eats and feels, one delicious organic bite at a time, then reach out now.
Warning: we are an uber committed company. If you’re just looking for any old job or don’t relish hard work, this isn’t right for you.
As Social Media and Events Coordinator, you will take charge of the following aspects of the farm:
- Social media manager: Taking photos, creating content, replying to comments, writing blog posts, posting recipes, etc.
- Events coordinator: Organizing and coordinating farm events (yoga classes, tours, educational programs, workshops, etc.) We’re looking for someone with the project management skills necessary to co-create an annual events plan… and put it into action!
- Farm store ambassador: Managing the farm store, connecting with clients, building relationships and life-long memories!
- Creativity, excellent writing skills and an advanced sense of aesthetics to create amazing social media content..
- Dynamism and the ability to work in a startup environment (ie.. building the airplane as we fly it…) You need to be comfortable with change and a certain degree of organised chaos.
- Positive, HIGH VIBE energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor!
- Clear and concise communication style.
- Equanimity and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly evolving, dynamic work environment.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and continuously improve work methods.
And... Here are a few of the crunchy details
- April to October: 20-30 hrs per week.
- December-April: 10-20 hrs per week.
- 18-20$/hr starting wage (depending on skills and experience).
- Depending on interest and ability, this position can be combined with a part time Farm Executive Assistant or Farm Management Assistant position to create full time employment.
- Possibility of on-farm housing (camper)
- A weekly basket of farm-fresh vegetables!
- This is a fully bilingual work environment (French & English) though the ability to speak french is not a requisite.
If you want to be a part of an efficient, fast-paced environment that will bring out your best, you may be exactly who we’re looking for. To start the application process, send us a CV and a cover letter to info@OttawaFarmFresh.com letting us know why you’re the perfect person for this position!We’ll be reaching out to interesting candidates with the next steps to get to know each other including a zoom interview, a Myers-Briggs style personality test, and an on-farm working interview.