Are you looking for a way to have a meaningful, tangible impact in the world?
Do you love using both your body and mind to work fast and be part of a kick-ass, efficient team?
Would you love to be part of a farm-business growing mind-blowing quality produce, literally minutes from downtown Ottawa?
Well, here we are!
Ottawa Farm Fresh is a diversified vegetable farm, full-diet farm store, and agro-wellness destination located less than 12 minutes from Parliament Hill. We believe in mind-blowing quality. We believe in the ability of food to transform the way we interact with the environment, with each other, and with our own bodies and minds.
Our goal is to stop our clients in their tracks when they bite into one of our products and realise that they’ve just found the best carrot they’ve ever tasted. Our mission is to transform how people connect to their food, their bodies, and the environment…one bite at a time!
To accomplish this mission, we are building a mighty team of top-notch farmers. Our vision is that as team members gain experience and knowledge, that they progressively take on greater responsibilities in their second year with the possibility of purchasing shares in the business after the third year.
What we love about our crew members!
- Dedication to excellence and the pursuit of mind-blowing quality produce!
- A hunger for feedback and learning.
- The somatic body-knowledge to move fast, working with dexterity and agility.
- A love of systems, processes, data, information, and record keeping.
- The perspective and wisdom to see life through the lens of positivity.
- Fun, diverse, and colorful personalities contributing to a pleasant and enjoyable work vibe.
- Keen observational skills and an attention to details.
- Commitment to being part of the evolution in local food systems.
Farm Crew Job Details
As a member of the Farm Crew, you will be involved in a diversity of tasks throughout the year. In addition, you will have certain tasks or areas of the farm upon which you will gain more specialisation.
Tasks may include:
- Greenhouse seeding and watering
- Spreading organic fertiliser
- Pruning and trellising crops
- Harvesting, washing, and packing veggies
- Mowing, weed-wacking, and ground maintenance
- Fixing things and doing building projects
- Running errands
- Helping out in the farm store
Working with Milo
- The Farm is an environment where one of the team members is our 9 year old son, Milo. It is expected that he is treated equally with respect and dignity. Part of the work at the Farm involves including Milo in the work, even if it’s sometimes slower. We all share the responsibility of keeping Milo safe and secure as he goes about his work as a member of the team.
- Please note: applicants must already have the legal right to work in Canada either through a work permit, permanent residency, or citizenship. The only exception to this is if you are a Mexican agronomist applying under the CUSMA program.
- 2 positions available
Full Season: Mid April to Late October
- Summer Season: Early June to Late August
- 30-40 hrs per week (averaging +/- 35 hrs)
- 5 days per week
- Starting wage is $16/hr (on the books)
- You will receive a weekly Medium-Family CSA veggie basket ($50 retail value) during the Summer CSA season
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please refer to specific life and work experiences that demonstrate the above mentioned qualities and traits that make our team members outstanding. Also mention any other tangential skills that might be useful on a farm (photography, welding, nature education, yoga, etc).