Frost Protection Row Cover (with or without hoops)
Eat fresh from your garden, beyond the limits of those early and late frosts! Enjoy juicy tomatoes till October, crisp spinach, kale, and arugula till December!
Frost Protection Row Cover will provide 1-3 degrees c of frost protection at night, and an extra 5-10c in the day
This is perfect for:
- Protecting your heat-loving crops from the pesky late May frosts (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini)
- Planting early cold-hardy crops as soon as the ground thaws and give them that extra boost of heat so that you can be eating fresh as soon as possible in the spring! (Radishes, Summer Turnips, Spinach, Lettuce, Kale, Chard, Green Onions, Carrots, Beets, etc)
- Protecting your cucumbers, zucchini, melons, and squash from Striped Cucumber Beatles while also providing a boost of heat in the spring and early summer. Make sure to remove the row cover when you see the female flowers appear to allow the pollinator insects to do their job!! Or plant parthenocarpic varieties.
- Get an extra month of garden-fresh tomatoes by protecting your frost-sensitive crops from those freak early September mini-frosts.
- Eat cold-hardy greens from your garden until December (depending on the weather)! Row cover not only provides a couple degrees of frost protection, but it also creates a sheltered micro-climate to protect your plants from the wind when they are frozen (wind is actually one of the main killers of frozen cold-hardy plants.) Make sure to wait for a mild, sunny day to harvest your greens. The greens must be defrosted when you pick them or they will turn to smush in your fridge.
- Please Note: Row cover is not appropriate for protecting brassica crops from pests in the summer. Brassica crops do not like heat, and the excessive heat from the row cover will cause them to go to seed prematurely. Use INSECT NETTING instead since insect netting will not hold in the heat as row cover does.
The row cover is 6 feet wide. Order the number of feet length you wish and we'll cut it to order. Select 'yes' to the hoops and we'll provide enough hoops for 1 hoop every 5 feet. Hoops are useful to keep the row cover raises, as the crops can have frost damage where they are touching the row cover. The hoops are approx 3 feet wide.
*The price is per foot, simply buy the number of feet of length you need and we'll cut it to order. Want 10 feet? Add 10 to the quantity box.*